In this article we discuss ArduPy. Originally This article published at https://iotbyhvm.ooo
ArduPy is a combination of Arduino and MicroPython developed by Seeed. You must have heard of Arduino, Arduino is the world’s leading open-source hardware and software ecosystem. Arduino is a popular tool for IoT product development as well as one of the most successful tools for STEM/STEAM education. Hundreds of thousands of designers, engineers, students, developers and makers around the world are using Arduino to innovate in music, games, toys, smart homes, farming, autonomous vehicles, and more.
We have been published many Arduino based articles and tutorials, You can explore it : Arduino Tutorials
You must know about Micropython, Micro Python aims to be as compatible with normal Python as possible to allow you to transfer code with ease from the desktop to a microcontroller or embedded system. For more information visit this : Micropython Overview
Recommended : CircuitPython : Open source derivative of MicroPython
What is ArduPy ?
ArduPy is a combination of Arduino and MicroPython developed by Seeed. ArduPy is a combination of Arduino and MicroPython. ArduPy is a combination of Arduino and MicroPython. MicroPython uses the universal Arduino API to control the hardware so that it can be compatible with new platforms quickly. With the help of the aip package manager we provided, you can transform your favorite Arduino library into a MicroPython library. Through ArduPy, you can use Python to verify your ideas, learn python programming as well as micro-controller programming in a more efficient way.
ArduPy consists of two parts, one is the ArduPy Core, and the other part is the Arduino Library Python wrapper. ArduPy Core is Pyboard-friendly and supports basic hardware operations on the board.
Why choose ArduPy?
- It can experience complete python 3 on embedded devices with limited resources
- Compatible with Visual Studio Code, easy installation & easy configuration
- Support for simple file systems
- Support for automatic running of boot.py when reset
- Support serial terminal interaction
- Rich third party library
How to Install and Use ArduPy IDE
First We need to install Python3 and Aip package manager.
Install Python 3 – Download and install Python 3
Install the Aip package manager – Aip is a package manager for converting Arduino Libraries into Python interfaces.
Use pip to install the
ardupy-aip. Run the following command:
pip3 install ardupy-aip
if you are using windows then you can use powershell and terminal for Mac OS.
Once the dependencies are installed, you can run
Install the ArduPy IDE
To use ArduPy, we need to use another IDE other than Arduino IDE to compile (and upload) the MicroPython code into our device.
- Download and install the Visual Studio Code IDE according to your OS.
- Open the Extensions Market in VS Code by clicking the Extensions on the left panel or use the keyboard shortcut:
Shift+CTRL+Xin Windows or
Shift+CMD+Xin Mac Os.
- Search Seeed ArduPy IDE in the Extension Market.
- Click Install to install the IDE plug-in.
- Once installed the Seeed ArduPy IDE plug-in in VS code, you can start playing with MicroPython!
Connecting with the Device
We connect the device in the next tutorial. So stay tuned with us.
Useful Links :
ArduPy works perfectly with Wio Terminal, allowing you to build I/O with the physical world in a more pythonic way. Wio Terminal It is an ATSAMD51-based Dev. board with wireless connectivity supported by Realtek RTL8720DN.
For more information about Wio Terminal, Visit This : Wio Terminal Introduction – Wireless Input and Output Platform
- STOMP – Simple/Streaming Text Oriented Messaging Protocol
- How To Create Secure MQTT Broker
- How To Use Raspberry pi in a truely headless mode
- MicroPython vs CircuitPython | What is MicroPython and CircuitPython
Thanks for reading. If you like this post probably you might like my next ones, so please support me by subscribing my blog.
Originally published at https://iotbyhvm.ooo